First time abroad


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Penghu County
December 27th 2021
Published: December 27th 2021
Edit Blog Post

I participated in the Shanghai Academic Exchange Program held by the school four years ago. This is also the first time I have left Taiwan to go to other countries. It makes me feel very excited.When I first arrived in China, perhaps due to political factors, the Chinese Customs had stricter inspections on Taiwanese, which made me feel a little nervous. After successfully entering the country, the first feeling is still very novel. It is obviously abroad, but the language and culture are almost the same as Taiwan, and there is a familiar and unfamiliar feeling, which is very contradictory.

Except for the academic activities arranged by the school, the rest of the trip is to visit popular local attractions in Shanghai. Qibao Old Street, a bazaar full of the lively atmosphere of ancient China, there were many tourists shopping and eating snacks there that day, I almost got lost there. Suzhou, Guangfulin ruins, ancient Chinese architectural monuments, that occupies a vast area, it took us a lot of time to watch them, and saw the superb architectural craftsmanship of the ancients.

This tour opened my eyes and saw many different cultures. Although the cultural differences between Taiwan and China are not very different, there are also many activities worth tasting and experiencing. If there is a chance to go abroad in the future, Shanghai will be one of my considerations.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb