Heathrow to Colombo to Mount Lavinia


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Western Province » Mount Lavinia
March 2nd 2014
Published: March 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

02.03.2014 - Day 1



Heathrow to Colombo to Mount Lavinia



Flight was delayed by 2.5 hours :-( . Dani slept pretty much thee whole way while Deano was wide awake on his own.



Arrived at Colombo airport and changed money and got a taxi to the hotel. Thought the taxi was going to be 3000rps but quickly worked out that you get charged tax on top of everything so ended up paying 3828rps, rule number 1 - always check receipt before getting in pre arranged taxi!!



Dropped our bags off in the sauna / room freshened up a little and headed down to what can only be described as the busiest beach this side of the Indian Ocean!!



Walked through a lovely dark alley, across an actual train track and down some rocks to get on the busy beach, we've arrived in Sri Lanka!



Got stalked by a Ginger Steve who awkwardly followed us half way down the beach, he tried talking to us (selling) and we ignored him for around 10 minutes, totes awks!!



Found a nice restaurant on the beach, people watched and got some nice food (steaks, veg & mash). Walked back to the sauna and slept.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb