Day 11 By the pool


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Southern Province » Weligama
August 27th 2018
Published: August 28th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today we definitely needed a quiet day! Books at the ready and a delightful pool so we were very content to while away the day, snoozing and reading - we didn't eat much - just a bit hesitant after the night before!

By 4 we needed to stretch our legs and decided to return to the headland to have a drink and watch the sun go down. Our friendly tuktuk driver was outside the hotel waiting for us - i think we must be generous with the tips!! - so he dropped us at the fishing port. there were so many boats and several off loading their catch and being watched by the harbour authority guy in t shirt and shorts, but lots of weighing of catches going on and loading up vans with carefully stored fish and ice - very impressive. The boats are so colourful, and not a trawler in sight!

Headland hotel was lovely and a great place to watch some of the fishing boats negotiate the swell as they rounded the headland as well as the sun set, although some high cloud meant it wasn't the spectacular setting sun that we'd hoped for. A slow walk down to the cafe bar on the beach from the first night- beautiful fullish moon and then back to the hotel - again by our friendly tuktuk driver !


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb