Tangalle - Our precious memorie in Sri Lanka


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Southern Province » Tangalle
July 29th 2008
Published: March 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

This part of the sea is famous for surfing, that is why it is called Surfers Paradise. The day we arrived here, the beach was empty and hardly any livelihood to notice around. We spent the whole afternoon chasing stray dogs on the beach.

The next morning, I left Kingfisher to catch the glimpse of the sunrise. The sea was very rough in the early morning, and strong waves hit the shore loudly. I walked along the beach towards the place where fishermen gathered, and they were pulling their catch of the day out. All of them were very enthusiastic except Mr. Sirisena who I met on the beach. Mr. Sirisena did not go fishing last night and he was regretting it now. I sat with him on his catamaran. We talked about a lot of things, about the Civil War, Tsunami, and economic problems he faces now. He told me that there are too many boats and fishermen but there are very little fish in the sea. The restriction on fishing area is also a major problem since the new naval base was establish next to the harbour. I walked back to the Kingfisher while thinking about what Mr. Siresena told me.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 103; dbt: 0.1466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb