Day 358


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Southern Province » Galle
January 14th 2016
Published: January 14th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Ella Sri LankaElla Sri LankaElla Sri Lanka

Ella Falls
You know when you were a kid and were always told never ever play on train lines, well here in Ella the trian tracks link most of the main attractions together and travellers and locals walk the line in order to get to the different locations even the school kids walk too and from school.

Ella way up in the hills of Siri Lanka is lay back and calm, cafes and local stalls trading in fresh produce. Wakening early in the morning to the mountain mist and cool tropical rainforest weather. Visiting tea plantations to climbing Ella Rock enjoying massage and local restaurants. Also enjoying company of our hosts and learning a few cooking tips and a evening jamming with the locals. discovered local land marks and local hospitality and the best Samosa in Sri Lanka until we headed off on a bus to Tangalee.

As we passed through magnificent waterfall scenic areas,and jaw dropping cliff edge roads. On a bus, that the driver thought he was in a race our stomach turned as we speed along the winding roads. Their was a lot of eye closing hand clenching and holding on tight going on on the back of
Sri LankaSri LankaSri Lanka

Friendly locals in Ella
the bus.



We arrived on the coast at Tangalle south of Sri Lanka. Another small coastal town with a navel base were we spent a week swimming and eating. Traveling down the coast we arrived in Marissa one of the beaches you have to visit in Sri Lanka famous surf and whale watching town back packers Mecca. We instantly loved the place, meeting travellers and holiday makers from just about everywhere in the world. Accommodation for the poorest of backpackers to the more luxury accommodation for the holiday maker but every body enjoys the cheapest food. Either your eating on the beach or from a roadside stalls,the tastes and smells of Sri Lankan foods from fish to mutton. String hoppers,kotto, roti, parathas, samosas, sambol and countless assortments of curries and rice you just won't be disappointed. Sri Lankan people are just lovely and the time spent in Marrissa we made good friends our host family made our visit very memorable and without a doubt we will return to this beautiful island. Sailing and whale watching the mighty blue whale was awesome just a wonderful experience.

As you can read our stay in Sri Lanka and its layback lifestyle embraced us. The carefree lifestyle and totally giving nature and faith of the Sri Lankan people makes them very appealing for those visiting their country.

Of course their is still people who aren't that savoury but I would recommend Sri Lanka to anyone who wants a taste of adventure and chilled out holiday.

From Sri Lanka we traveled to the Maldives and then back to Sri Lanka to Columbo and on to Malaysia for a few weeks.



Returning to Australia to spend time with our children for Christmas and the sad passing of Glens mother Fay who died on the 30th November. Our blog has been pending for awhile as we enjoyed our family time. As you can appreciate, special time with family's are precious.Now that everyone seen us and are sick of seeing us we are embarking on the second leg of our journey the Americas.

A new adventure awaits us...........We wish everyone a happy 2016 weather your traveling starting new adventure, opportunities or enjoying life we wish you every success and happiness. I am sorry to all those who we didn't catch up to on our Christmas break. Love Suzanne
Marissa Beach Sri LankaMarissa Beach Sri LankaMarissa Beach Sri Lanka

Fishing pole Sri Lankan style
and Glen xxxxxx thank you to all of you have followed our blog in 2015. Hope you can stand another year.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

MarissaMarissa
Marissa

Whale watching


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb