Diary entry - day 3


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Central Province » Kandy
April 5th 2011
Published: April 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today started with the unsolved mystery of Will Ellwood's alarm simply not going off for the third time in a row! Despite his early morning drama and excuses, everyone seemed excited and fairly nervous for the first game, not really knowing what to expect. We arrived in the blistering heat and with an unfamiliar wicket knowing that a challenge was ahead. We lost the toss and got put into bat which proved to be a problem from the start with no one in the team getting past 20. A mention for Hugh Barron's gutsy innings batting or 16 overs with an injured finger, Tom Owen and Max Ritchie for showing good intent and it has to be said that Nic Scaglioni's 4* was nothing but courageous! However due to some decent bowling by St Thomas' and some loose shots we were constricted to 123 all out. We then started the reply well getting them 26-3, however from there they pushed on to win by 6 wickets. Ben Simon at keeper and Max Ritchie both taking 2 good catches, with Ed Fricker leading the side through a tough time as captain.
After the match we visited the Temple of the Tooth which was very interesting, and it was also a good morale booster as Mr Turner and Mr Nurton entered the temple in women's clothing!
Overall a good day with mistakes that we can learn from throughout the rest of the tour.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0843s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb