End of Week three and the start of week four!


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Central Province » Kandy
June 21st 2010
Published: June 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello again!

I cannot believe it is the start of my last week! Since i last wrote lots there's been lots of adventure and relaxation which has been a perfect combination. Pool side adventures last wednesday were interesting as there seemed to be nearly no other guests at the hotel we visited (and if they were there they were certainly not swimming). teh pool attendent was very attentive as were many of the other workers so we had a small audience which was interesting. later that night the other girls from teh centre came around to our flat and we got takeaway - we all tried wattu which is pancake type things chopped up with massive knives with lots of veggies and other such things (i had an egg one). it was very dense and rich yet we mostly all managed to finish! the girls had also wanted beer to accompany their dinner so early that day we'd gone to this extremely sketchy alcohol place underneath the supermarket where there were distinctly no other women and lots of rather drunken looking men!

On thursday sophie got her tattoo - if in doubt, pray while kerrianne decided that it wasn't the right time for her! On Friday i woke up feeling rather ill but decided to push through as it was the elephant orphanage trip! however, upon arrival at the sanctuary i felt very ill and knew i wouldn't be able to walk around. i sat in the cafe for a bit but then had to moe to the floor (much cooler). i ended up falling asleep on the floor of the cafe only to awake to hear 6 or so people talking around me all starring down. they moved me to this little padded bench where i had to sleep for the rest of the day. when i got home i rested for a couple more hours and felt a little better. Kerrianne and Sophie went to a boys choir concert at the local private school trinity while jenna and i watched slumdog millionaire. We then went and met them in town for dinner - our tuktuk ride was rather interesting with a rather speedy and reckless driver who demanded double upon arrival! we surrived though and enjoyd an interesting mix of indian and chinese food for dinner.

Saturday was Kerrianne's last day. We attempted to visit the temple - i was rejected b/c my shorts were too short (they were knee length) and then Kerrianne and Jenna were discouraged by the 1,000 rupie price tag and the hoards of people and heat. We went for a too fillling lunch (it was inredibly hot) and then headed home. Kerrianne went for a massage and pedicure while jenna and i chilled out. We took Kerrianne to teh bus stop and then went to the market for i wanted to have an indian style tunic and trouser outfit made. Got that sorted and then we headed home to make pasta for dinner!

Sunday - got up very early to head to the botanical gardens which were very lovely. lots of amazing trees and some very lovely orchids! i was also very impressed by the bamboo which was massive and looked like trees in some ways! on our walk home from the bus around the lake this man walked up from behind us and we moved to elt him pass. he seemed to attempt to talk to us but we kinda ignored him. he walked on a little ahead nearly in line with me and i saw he was doing something and then suddenly he turned and his trousers were open and directed towards us?! we both kind of jumped back and covered our eyes and said no! apa (don't). he closed his trousers but grabbed his butt and continued to follow us even though we were saying no. we walked quickly ahead but he then ran to catch us up. this lady was on teh path further along and we lingered near her and he walked on ahead. we both didn't really know what to think and were rather worried he'd hide and then follow us back home. however he didn't and we went back to teh flat to have some lunch and read/nap/chill out until 3.30. at that point we went on a walk up the road (hilly and foresty) to find a hotel with internet and a nice view. our chosen location didn't work out so we went to the place we intended to have dinner - helga's folly. def working checking out online it was this incredibly amazing hotel full of hand painted walls, paintings, relics and other crazy objects. we ordered dinner (seared tuna for me and rice in a bamboo leaf for jenna). we were the only ones there and it was quite surreal (photos to come).

now just a week left to enjoy adn lots of things to do! will write again back in london!!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb