Lets play press photographer!


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea
October 8th 2008
Published: October 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Buyeo for Baekje festival. Went to see Eunsan Byeolsinje a ceremony, and from seats in front of stage cant really see much. Then spot that there are heaps of press photographers on the stage taking photos from the side so I decide that they have DSLR's, I have DSLR and that the only difference between me and them (apart from me not being Asian) is a lanyard. SO I head on stage and no one stops me, where I get front tow seats to the ceremony. hehehe. I figure being the only foriegner I may stand out, however I also have can pull the 'foriegn journalist' line if asked.Then head off to see Baekje Horseriding art performance demonstrating acrobatics as well as performing archery, sword fieghts, using spears while riding the horses. Afterwards I go over and give one of the horses a rub on the nose. The rider indicates if I want to ride the horse. Hell yeah. So I get a ride for about 1/2 hr, havnt riddent for years and it feels great. . Next day head to ceremony for 5000 soldiers and again get front row seats posing as a press photographer. One of the photographers notices I dont have a lanyard and asks me something in Korean. No idea what he says so cant respond. Nothing he can do anyway. After I head to Korean traditional performance festival for traditional Korean singing and music, which is excellent. Then head to a resturant specialises in Bulgoggi (Beef) and just point to a dish. The bulgoggi arrives along with 18 side dishes including baked fish, cold veg soup, different types of Kimchi and veggies, noodles, slices of pork, tofu stew, omlet and purple rice. I think I have bittten off more than I can chew. It tastes good so I dont care. Next it was off to Busan on the KTX train where I spend 2 days shopping and doing my asssignment. Although its a bit wasted sitting in the hotel doing the assignment, Im actually gratefull for the time off travelling.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb