my opinion about a FTA beef negotiaiton


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea
May 26th 2008
Published: May 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dear. President Lee.

First of all, I really appreciate your effort. All of us already know that you want to develop Korea's economy and also know that at the moment it is very hard to improve because of the reason that world economy is very insecurity. The korea government has traditionally listened very carefully to its citizens. Because of this Korea has been developed in many field, especially farm management is developed a lot than before. Farmers make reliable food and citizens buy it in believe.

However, these days the government has stopped listening citizens voice. Especially in the FTA problem, our government has been keeping ignore the citizens opinion and make a decision by themselves. Not only ignores, also the government start to using exercise of public power to citizens. The problem is that it occurs distrust between government and citizens.

The most biggest issue is a import of the beef from USA. As we know, USA's beef is unsafe to eat because the mad cow disease. It has not only lots of infection way, but also no medicine. Even if we do not eat the beef directly, we can get the disease from a seasoning, noodle, cosmetics..etc.

Furthermore, there is another problem which the disease has long latent period. We can not recognize if we got the disease or not about 10 years. When we recognize it, we die about after 7days.

Lastly, beef negotiation related to the price of Korean cow. Actually after the negotiation the price of a Korea cow slumped about 20% compared to the previous one. It becomes a debt to a farmer and occurs bankrupt. These days we hear a news that some farmers suicide after the negotiation.

I urge our government reconsider the negotiation and hear the citizens voice again. We know that the government have to do FTA with USA because the promise since IMF. But the point is that do it with our exact opinion, not the USA's one. We know it will be very hard because USA is economically more bigger and have world power than us.

Likewise, I urge renegotiate it, even though Korea lose the belief between USA, instead of the it Korea will get citizens belief. I think citizens well being life is never traded with anything. We can fix it.

Please give your immediate attention to this matter of urgent concern.

Sincerely,

Sang-hee Park


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb