Korean Baseball


Advertisement
Published: May 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Outside Jamsil StadiumOutside Jamsil StadiumOutside Jamsil Stadium

A player, ball and bat made out of grass
It's baseball season once again and this weekend we are attending the Doosan Bears versus Hanwha Eagles at Jamsil Baseball Stadium. Game time 5:30pm meaning we need to be there around 4:00pm to purchase game day tickets.

The best thing about Korean Baseball games is the prices to attend. Starting price 4,000 won ($3.58 CAD) puts you in the upper decks of the 25,000 seating capacity stadium. On our two previous days out to the ballpark we spent 12,000 won ($10.67 CAD) at Jamsil to sit along the 1st baseline just above the away teams dugout. But on this day we learned all the action in the stands happened twenty rows up behind us where the cheerleading stage exists. Plus there are taiko drums, a guitar or two and guys with whistles encouraging fans to cheer, sing songs and make general noise during playtime.

Our second trip out we attended a game at Mokdong Stadium, home of the Nexen Heroes. On this day we paid 8,000 won ($7.17 CAD) to sit in unassigned seats along the third baseline in the second row of section of seating. Although the seats were decent the players on the field seemed tiny due to the height of the stadium seats in comparison to the field of play. Outside of this there was very little around the stadium going on. No pregame concessions, no pregame promotional material, and no pregame food displays by local adjumma's trying to make a buck or two. Since our visit to Mokdong to watch the Lotte Giants pulverize the Nexen Heroes by the score of 10-2, we haven't been back.

Two weeks ago I attempted visiting Jamsil Stadium to catch last years 2010 KBO Champions the SK Wyverns take on the Doosan Bears (third place in 2010) but I failed to arrive early which meant by game time all tickets were sold out. I ran into one guy trying to scalp a 9,000 won ($8.06 CAD) ticket for 20,000 won ($17.79 CAD) which is completely ridiculous since the most expensive ticket sold at the game is only 35,000 won ($31.13 CAD) and that includes beverages and food at a table behind homeplate!

For all you baseball lovers out there... I am attaching a couple of prime photographs taken at last years baseball games. Until this weekend we hope you are enjoying the early summer weather where ever you live.




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Chicken Sales Chicken Sales
Chicken Sales

For you to bring into the stadium
Adjumma stadium vendorAdjumma stadium vendor
Adjumma stadium vendor

Get your chips, fish, squid, peanuts and cans of beer!
Us at the game in the rainUs at the game in the rain
Us at the game in the rain

Hanging out in our new Lotte Giants Jersey's
A visit to the souvenior shopA visit to the souvenior shop
A visit to the souvenior shop

LG Twins and Lotte Giants Jerseys
Mokdong StadiumMokdong Stadium
Mokdong Stadium

Home of the Nexen Heroes


Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0852s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb