A few word about the korean food


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul » Seodaemun-gu » Sinchon
September 10th 2007
Published: September 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The kim -chi 1The kim -chi 1The kim -chi 1

First, you need to prepare many ingredients : garlic, ginger, onions, peppers, spring onions,... You leave the cabbage in salty water during one day. You prepare as well the other vegies you wanna make kim-chi with.
Hi everybody~





I want to talk a bit about the korean dishes. You can separate it in different categories (I just describe the one I eat) :


- The meat dishes
You have different kinds of kalbi. It's often pork or beef on barbecue. You eat it with differents sauces (it depend on wich dish you eat), and you wrap it with rice in lettuce. It come with rice and vegetables. The sauce is deliscious.
You have as well the pulgogi. It is beef that you prepare in advance. It is marinated in soy sauce, sugar, onions, garlic, beer,... You eat that with rice and kotchuzang (korean chili paste). It's sweet and deliscious.

- Soups and stews
Kimchi-tzigae : It is a spicy soup made of kim-chi (when it become sour) and some vegies. You eat with rice.
Miyokuk : It is a seaweed (algue) soup. I didn't expected I could like it but it's really deliscious. You eat as well with rice.
Tangsuyuk : It is sweet and sour pork stew. Same as that we found in the shop as sweet and sour rice sauce.
Toenjang-tziguae : It's a soup made of
The kim-chi 2The kim-chi 2The kim-chi 2

Then, you wash and rince the cabbage and the other vegies. You make ground pepper from the peppers. Now, you just buy it in the shop.
vegies marinated in bean paste (toenjang) soup. Deliscous

- Noodles
Noodles are kind of pasta made of rice or potatoes.
Ramyon : Quick noodles. You put the noodles in boiling water where you put before the spicy powder and the few dry vegies sell with. After, you can add meat, kotchuzang, egg,... Deliscious but spicy. It is the typical korean noodles.
Tchajangmyon : Noodles in dark sauce. Really good!
Tchampong : Seaweed spicy noodle soup

- Light meals
Kimbap : That we call sushi. Carrots, salmon,... rolled in rice and seaweed
Mandumhoé : Plate of row fish (poisson cru). I didn't like it and a bit expensive.
Pibimbap : It is one of the healthiest dish. It is made of rice and vegetables mix, seasoned with kotchuzang.
Pindaettok : It is called "korean pizza". It's made of vegies, meat or seafood thrown into a batter and fried up (aliments melangés avec une pate qu'ils font frire).

- Side dishes
Gaktugi : Kim-chi made of radish instead of cabbage
Oisobagi : Kim-chi made of cucumber instead of cabbage
Kim : thin strips of dried seaweed. You wrap rice with it. It is salty. It's very nice

-
The kim-chi 3The kim-chi 3The kim-chi 3

You cut the onions, spring onions and all that stuff in small pieces. you smash ginger and garlic. You prepare some rice soup and fish sauce.
Alcohol
Korean have a famous alcohol call Soju. It is alcohol of potatoes.
There is an other one made of rice call Mackoli.



The kim-chi is the spicy national and typical dish. The one made of cabbage is the most famous but there is different varieties. You can have kim-chi made of cucumbers, radishes, and any other vegetable.
Traditionally, Kim-chi making was a way to preserve vegetables for the hard winter. Now, it's eaten year-round, mainly as side dish.




On following, just a few picture about korean traditions


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

The kim-chi 4The kim-chi 4
The kim-chi 4

You mix everything
The kim-chi 5The kim-chi 5
The kim-chi 5

In the past, they put the kim-chi in big pot and put the pot in the ground. Kim-chi is better when it stay a few days at normal temperature and become a bit sour.
The kim-chi 6The kim-chi 6
The kim-chi 6

Here is the size of the kim-chi pot.
The traditional marriage clothesThe traditional marriage clothes
The traditional marriage clothes

On this picture, the traditional clothes of the man
The traditional marriage clothes 2The traditional marriage clothes 2
The traditional marriage clothes 2

The traditional clothes of the women


11th September 2007

Hummm !!!
Toute la différence entre "hummm!" et hum! C'est surement assez surprenant comme saveurs mais ça semble bon. Je n'ai pas vu trop d'ingrédients bizarres donc, c'est déjà un point. Peut être y a t'il des plats carrément bizarres que tu n'as même pas voulu essayer? raconte!!! Et les desserts demande maman? (Oh la gourmande!) Merci pour tout ce travail, ça nous apporte un air du pays. bisous et à bientôt.

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb