Get yourself a T-money Card


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul » Hongdae
May 24th 2011
Published: May 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Think of the T-money card as your all in one transportation card. It works with the metro Seoul subway system, the express buses, standard buses, local buses and Korail train system. Its universal coverage makes it a benefit for anyone coming into South Korea for business or pleasure. You can even use it in lieu of cash or credit cards at some local businesses.

Thankfully South Koreans are on top of modern day technology and simplifying their public transportation system. The T-money card can be purchased at your local convenience stores for 2,500 won ($2.10). Once you have purchased the T-money card, it must be charged at a bus or train station terminal. The standard T-money card is about the size of your average business card and will fit into your purse or wallet easily. It is made out of plastic and should be taken care of because if it bends or breaks then your money will be forfeited.

The nifty thing about T-money cards is they will scan directly through purses, wallets and clothing as long as you place the card directly on the scanner. Also, you cannot try to use multiple cards or use the card and some cash. Itʼs an either or system; cash or T-money card. The advantage of using T-money cards over cash is it will track the distance you have traveled and if a refund is warranted it will be credited back to your card. Another reason to use T-money card is all fares are discounted. Saving the very best for last is when you are ready to depart the country take your standard T-money card back to the local convenience shop and exchange it for your 2,500 won.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.05s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb