Last day in Korea


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul » Gangnam
August 15th 2016
Published: August 15th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Last day in Korea was a quiet one. Today is a holiday (National Liberation Day) so many stores are closed. We went for a walk and had some chicken and beer for lunch. Heat was still very strong so we decided to go back to the air conditioned apartment until the evening.

Halahbujee had dinner plans at 6p to meet a second set of friends. RoAnJoSo hit Gangnam to see the night life it is so famous for. We went to a different area of Gangnam (more south than where we were the first time) and it did not disappoint. This area is pulsing with bars, karaoke bars, shopping (both stores and street vendors). Side alleys hold an incredible amount of restaurants making it very difficult to settle on one place to eat. Everything from Taco Bell, Burger King, Smoothie King, Starbucks to traditional Korean food to Italian, Japanese, Vietnamese ... endless choices.

We chose pasta to see how carbonara is done in Gangnam. Food was good. Servings were huge - meant for two people apparently. Believe it or not, even with Ann eating, there was leftovers to take back. Looks like tomorrow morning's breakfast will be the leftover pasta.

Our flight is not until 6p so we hope to squeeze in one more small shopping trip before we head to the airport and home to Canada.

Korea has been amazing. JoSo have learned so much about the Korean part of their heritage. Robb finally got to see Korea after our 21 years together. Halahbujee had happy reunions with friends in Seoul. And Ann like seeing Pyeongchang familiy and how much Korea has risen from a third world country to a world class country.

We are though, happy to be going home to Canada. There's no place like home!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb