The final (in more ways than one)


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Incheon » Sin-do
October 23rd 2011
Published: October 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The AubergineThe AubergineThe Aubergine

George & Jo
Sunday has arrived and the packing is done. Just about got the weight down to our allowance. Looking forward to lunch at The Aubergine with Jo and George then it's a final check of luggage before we head off to Eden Park for the final...
Sitting in the departure lounge in South Korea trying to catch up again!
The pre-final lunch with Jo & George was great fun. Then it was back to Jo's before George and I headed off to the Horse and Trap in Mt. Eden to meet up with Marshall again. Made it to the ground in time to see all the preliminaries (video follows later)
The score line of 8 - 7 would suggest a boring match but it was anything but. The French could've just squeaked it in the end but were unlucky.
George and I escaped the gloating Kiwis after the match and made it back to the North Shore for our final good byes with Jo.
Many many thanks to her for being such a fantastic hostess.
Next morning the taxi was ready at 6:30 so we headed for the airport with only a slightly fuzzy head.
The fight proved to be uneventful and we landed in Korea on time. Overnight at the Songdo Hotel in Incheon was very good.
I'm definitely not a fan of heated toilet seats and I never did work out how to work the integrated bidet loo!
I'm now a big fan of Korean food but if I were you I'd avoid the Cold preserved jelly fish eggs. They're definitely an acquired taste! The spicel snail, however, was surprisingly good.
The coach picked us up at 10:30 this morning and after a light snack we are now waiting to board in approx 10 minutes time.
Last blog tomorrow :-(


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The FinalThe Final
The Final

All Blacks v France


Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb