Soraksan Nature Reserve 설악산


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Gangwon-do » Seoraksan
March 30th 2009
Published: March 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We did it!We did it!We did it!

A photo of the three of us at the peak of Sorak Mountain.
This past November, some friends and I took a bus from Seoul (서울) to Sokcho (속초시) to visit the famous Soraksan Nature reserve (설악산천연보호구역). At the time, many people had been visiting the park because it is said that the fall season is the most beautiful time to visit.

The fall foliage was vibrant and striking with all sorts of colors - luscious red, luminous yellow, carrot orange and a mix of earthy greens and browns. The air was fresh and clean, a nice change from the smog of Seoul.

The first thing we did was take a cable car up to the tallest mountain called Sorak Mountain. I am afraid of heights so it was a little terrifying for me to ride the cable car. But it was a neat experience because the scenery was breathtaking from above.

Because the terrain becomes steep near the top of the mountain, there is a rope that you can use to help pull yourself up to the very top of the mountain. When we finally reached the highest point, we asked a kind person to take our picture with the Korean flag.

All in all, it was a really interesting experience. We ate great food, saw beautiful sites and got some exercise. I definitely want to go back soon, maybe in the spring when the cherry blossoms are in bloom!







Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0985s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb