Joyce's juices up the Changwon experience


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Busan
February 5th 2006
Published: February 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Pulling HairPulling HairPulling Hair

I seem to be doing a lot of that here. Maybe Ty should cut his effing hair.
Sometimes the best nights are the ones that sneak up on you. The truth is, those are always the best nights.

Small town Korea is a strange experience. Coming from a legitimate Canadian small town, I wouldn't say it is exactly the same thing. This small korean town is 500,000 people. However, if you find the right little hole in the wall, the right crowd, then you can still find that intimate good small town feel.

But the intention wasn't really to party it up. If anything, I was just trying to go with it...stay awake. I have to retrain myself to party all night. Travelling isn't necessarily about partying, but it is about going with a good feeling in a good place, staying up if it means meeting more people, having good times. Last night was good practice.

You know you have had a good night when you wake up and your sides hurt. Well, if your sides hurt AND you have photographic proof you spent the night laughing it up. Joyce's is a little bar in the heart of downtown Changwon. Its owned by an American, and the ambiance is that of a tiny college bar.
This guy is so radThis guy is so radThis guy is so rad

Danced with this guy all night. He was a trip
However, unlike Itaewon, there is the right mix of locals to keep it a legitimately Korean experience. No guilt that you are just living your hometown night life in a different timezone. They played little games...foreigner/local couple competitions. Cute. And, being from "the north", we were making our cameo appearances, and as such became the novelties of the bar.

Long story short, I remember little. With the aid of morning after photo viewing I have put some gold moments back together in my mind. Sometimes pictures are worth a hundred thousand words.





Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Why can't ty make a normal faceWhy can't ty make a normal face
Why can't ty make a normal face

I have no idea what I am laughing about, but I am laughing in every pic. Something must have been funny \
more laughingmore laughing
more laughing

i do not know what i am doing
ty getting out of controlty getting out of control
ty getting out of control

i do not know what he is doing
jen getting out of controljen getting out of control
jen getting out of control

i do not know what she is doing
more laughtermore laughter
more laughter

i think ty peed his pants...he can't remember
what?what?
what?

see what i mean about the face


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0177s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb