Beautiful Busan


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Busan
October 30th 2019
Published: October 30th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Gamcheon culture villageGamcheon culture villageGamcheon culture village

Former slum Gamcheon
I'm liking these 50 min. Flights! Flying into Busan in daylight, really helps to understand the geographical landscape of the city. The 2nd largest in South Korea. Huge forested mountains and tall skyscraper buildings in every nook and cranny and beautiful beaches along side. I don't think we've been to a city with so many beaches , beautiful clean soft sand within minutes of the tube station and also within minutes of a woodland walk.
The weather has continued to be lovely, though the Koreans are all now wearing puffy jackets !(It's 20C)
So we've had our last few days of the trip exploring the city. Cultural and the largest department store..in the World....(they say)
Our daily bit of fun has been trying to beat the gangs of little old ladies to the lifts in the metros....they are formidable!....all dressed up in walking gear, nothing physical wrong with them yet they wait for the lifts, even if there's escalstors..and the other day s guy in s wheel chair and us with our luggage were waiting...they were not letting him in first then , what a suprise...the lift was too heavy...so WE got out! FFS! Ok do sometimes they're only stairs but quite often escalators.
Another thing they do is even if they are in s group of friends....they sit singularly on the bus seats on the aisle seat and don't shuffle up to the window to let you sit, or get out to let you in but just move their legs slightly so you have to squeeze in.....What's that all about!!
But we have enjoyed ourselves, it seems like we have been away ages and I think we will have a shock when we get back as Christmas will be around the corner. We had hoped that Brexit would have been finalised.....




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Gyeongju old capital of the Silla KingdomGyeongju old capital of the Silla Kingdom
Gyeongju old capital of the Silla Kingdom

This is more like Telly tubbies land .
Art on the beach,  Dadaepo Art on the beach,  Dadaepo
Art on the beach, Dadaepo

All made out of recycled materials


25th February 2020

????
Hi, just seen this, I didn't know you'd been to S. Korea let alone written a blog!! I shall continue reading it. When did you visit?
25th February 2020

???
We were in Busan in October 2019 following our trip to Japan. It's a great place!

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0687s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb