Arrival in Singapore - Remaining onboard


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Singapore Harbour
May 17th 2019
Published: July 2nd 2019
Edit Blog Post

We got up this morning to find that it was raining again. We had planned some final sunbathing, but not in this weather.

At 10.30am, the captain and his two top officers held a presentation meeting in the theatre. This was a very interesting insight into the building of the ship, the future of it and normal operational processes. This concluded with a guest question and answer session.

After that, as it was still raining this was an ideal time to do the packing ready for our exit from the ship tomorrow. All larger bags need to be outside of the cabin by 10.00pm this evening for collection by the cabin steward for assisted offloading.

We met a Canadian couple at lunch who had very much the same feeling about this ship as we do. It was comforting to know we were not alone in this.

After this, we stopped off and picked up our passports. We are a bit disappointed that Royal Caribbean have kept hold of them for the whole cruise. This means that we have missed out on four passport stamps. We do like to try to collect them everywhere we go.

The ship arrived in Singapore right on time at about 6.00pm. They had some water canons outside to welcome us to the city. We had a great view of it all from our balcony.

We had planned to go ashore to watch the light show at Gardens By the Bay, but reports were that the customs were taking a long while. We shall try to get there another night during our stay in Singapore.

Suitcases had to be out by 10.00pm tonight, so we did most of the packing before we went to dinner.

As we left the room, we said to our room steward not to worry about doing our room tonight, but he said he would like to anyway.

When we got back from dinner, he had done our room and where possible he had got things ready for the next guests. Not sure this is how it should be. Even the kettle had been packed away even though we have used it every morning we have been on board. We have another night here still. Not very happy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb