Day Six - Singapore & On to KL


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
December 26th 2009
Published: January 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Singapore to KL


Six - Singapore Twas Passion Down In The Tropics



Our last day in Singapore began with packing up and leaving our bags in The Mitraa as we set off to explore Little India and Chinatown. We started by looking at the two temples close to our accommodation.

The first, Leong San See is a Taoist temple whilst Sakaya Buddha temple was Hindu Buddhist. The latter was built with funds donated by Aww Boon Haw who made his millions from Tiger Balm. Both were pretty nice although Sri Srinivasa that followed overshadowed both of these. After a quick potter around we headed for lunch, having more Indian food whilst Leanne preferred a Subway.

As we left, a storm arrived and as the rain was pouring down, we decided to give Little India a miss and proceeded straight to Chinatown on the MRT. It was still lashing it down but Pagoda Street market was covered and we browsed the tat for a while.

Spirits were sapping so we headed for a cup of tea - I opted for a hot Milo and def made the better choice - the girls tea looked and turned out to be stinking. We pressed on to our final temple, Thian Hock Keng, which was magnificent but by this stage we were a bit ‘templed out’.

Changing direction dramatically, we headed over to Raffles before settling for coffee in a specialist place beside it, Connoisseur Coffee. This place was magic and restored us all. The dull day meant we were unable to get on the Singapore Flyer, which was a bit of a downer though.

We headed back to The Mitraa, picked up our bags and headed for the overnight ‘snoozer’ bus to Kuala Lumpur. I was asleep before we got to the border but we had to get off to get stamped out of Singapore and then again, this time with our bags, to get stamped into Malaysia.

Back onboard, I was asleep within seconds...

Today’s HighlightsConnoisseur Coffee; Thian Hock Keng; Getting a move on towards Phnom Penh



Additional photos below
Photos: 71, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



8th January 2010

buddah
is there room in Orby for a buddah that size???
9th January 2010

buddha
well if I fit in...

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb