singapore slings!


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Geylang
February 9th 2009
Published: February 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

(PART 1) i arrived in singapore on saturday morning where my intrepid tour ended. however most of the group including the leader would still be in singapore that night so we arranged to meet later. me and jodie rocked up at the orchid hostel to find that pictures can be very decieving..!! however its clean, the beds are comfy and breakfast is free so what more can you ask for when im only paying about 9 quid a night!!
after checking in at 2 (not one min earlier!!) we showered and then headed for raffles mall on hannahs recomendation. shopping in singapore is amazing and we didnt even go to orchid road where there are approx 20 malls on one road! but shopping is also a difficult and frustrating activity when travelling on a budget! all of a sudden i missed thailand and the cheap markets.
in the evening it was down to the boat quays for our last night out as the intrepid group (sob!). had a lovely italian as we were all noodle-ed out after malaysia! drinks are expensive in singapore so had to drink slowly but we had an absolute scream together and it was a great way to end our last night. i will miss them all loads and have some fab memories- mostly of us laughing!!
sunday was spent on sentosa island which is basicly a man-made tourist attraction but it was quite a nice day out and me and jodie were joined by 2 of the boys as their flight wasnt until later. went to see the pink dolphins and watched as bad boy jonnie got picked to go swim with them, jammy sod!! it was then back to our delightful litlle hostel to try and figure out how to spend monday.
decided to go to the town of burgis on monday as we had heard that it was all cute markets and food stalls. we were disapointed however to find it is just another city type area with all malls. it did have a market but wasnt that good (think leeds kirkgate on a sat) so we sat and had lunch, joined by a singaporian women who went to school in england (nice lady). she told us directions to a pretty chinese temple but when we found it, it was heaving with people and we couldnt get close! in the end we trooped back to the hostel to watch a film before leaving for the airport for our flight to the land of oz.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

the naughty boysthe naughty boys
the naughty boys

jack-a-norey, tarzan, flash and jonny


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb