Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Chinatown
July 10th 2010
Published: July 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Singapore - June 21 - 23rd , 2010


We arrived in KL a week before our scheduled flights to Borneo, and a week is too long to spend in in this city. We hoped on a 6 hour bus that would take us to the southern most point of continental Asia, the city-state of Singapore. The closest thing we can compare it to is Dubai... it is a place that revolves purely around business. It is modern, clean and full of money. Consequently, there is not too much to do for two cash strapped backpackers in this place. We stayed only two nights, mainly because we were sleeping in a 6’x 6’ box on bunk beds, but also because the city is more expensive than its neighbours. We spent the day in the city center, walking around and taking pictures. Our brief excursion to Sentosa Island was a complete waste of time as there is really nothing to do there, unless you are willing to pay extra for every ride and exhibition. Before we knew it we were back on the bus to KL to catch our flight to Borneo. At the very least this little trip added another country to our growing list of ones visited... but we are glad to have seen it. Next stop is Borneo for some diving.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The MerlionThe Merlion
The Merlion

The half mermaid, half lion symbol of Singapore


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb