SG50 Weekend: Staycation at Carlton Singapore (Jul 2015)


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Bugis Village
July 17th 2015
Published: July 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Friday, 17th July 2015

We wouldn't coin it as a perfect staycation as we believed that the Carlton could do much better. The deluxe rooms that we stayed in were refurbished recently even though the separate shower stalls leave much room to be desired. The smallish design does not allow you to leave your clothes inside the shower as they would get wet easily. The smallish size extended to the outdoor pool which was inadequately designed to cope with the 900 odd guestrooms. Coffee sachets were from "Super" which did not enhance the overall stay experience. As far as staycation is concerned, I would probably avoid this 4 star property in future.

The highlight of our stay was probably a nice congee lunch at Imperial and a great shopping experience at Raffles City Marketplace. Our dinner at Bugis Market was great too with a great company. Breakfast at the hotel the following morning was a pleasant experience. We were lucky to have arrived early before the crowds appear.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb