Kalibo- Boracay - sucking all our life out of us


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines
February 25th 2016
Published: March 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

20th - 25th - Bohol to Kalibo and onto Boracay
We had purchased flights for around £30 to get from Bohol to Kalibo (local airport). It was a 45 minute flight and as Philippines reputation is it was delayed 5.5 hours, instead of an 8pm flight we left at 01:30am we were offered no real explanations, but a box with crackers, biscuits and a small water then later a pot noodle (philippino version) We decided to make the most of our time so purchased a pack of cards and started forfeits (not alcohol related). The forfeits consisted of Nadine going to dunk in donuts and asking a lot of questions about steak and could they get her some (video evidence). Running like crazy up and down the airport (which was one of the smallest airports). Sit ups, asking Seattle best coffee why it's the best coffee etc.....it kept our minds off the wait and a lot of people amused at the airport. We met a couple of photographers and had a beer, and a few Israeli lads who were telling one another how to pull a bird in different languages.We finally boarded the flight and arrived At our already booked hostel as didn't want to face another ferry and 90 minute car ride to Boracay, so went straight to bed The following day we took a shower but just our luck the electricity had gone out so a freezing. We set off for the bus And ferry and arrived mid afternoon at Boracay, we had booked a hostel called Patrick's home (a local family run,but most people staying there were locals). The bedroom was so small and we had a shared bathroom (not the nicest place) so the following day we booked the last 3 nights at frendz, a great hostel and a must stay. However we had a few drinks with the men there, 5 of them. They didn't know a lot of English and were taking shots of brandy every 30 seconds and chasing with a shared glass of water. We stayed for a hour and headed out, the area was pretty sketchy with no lights but managed to be safe. We got up and moved to frendz which is definitely the place to stay in Boracay! Great staff, location and bungalows and dorms available. We were greeted by lovely Argentinian kite surfer and Matt another kite surfer (Australian). They have free pasta nights (spaghetti hoops) and over a 100 peops signed up with live music and a lot of dancing on tables. Most nights we started at the hostel, then onto Exit bar and if we made it to the club, Epic. As usual bumped into many travellers from Vietnam, Cebu and a variety of places. Nads met a guy from Argentina who had a smile that lit up a room. However for some reason I was struggling meeting any nice guys. As usual I was looking after random people, stopping fights etc..... One day on the beach we bumped into Ena who was from Chicago and girl she was funny, ballsy and brutal (but lovely). We headed out with two German girls, Romana and Zena, we all had very similar stories to share and became our new crazy friends.I hope to meet up with a lot if these people again some point in my life. So I lost my game in Boracay, but heading to Palawan and hopefully find it ??


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0729s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb