Week 43- Boracay- Tagbilaran City- Panglao


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines
June 3rd 2015
Published: June 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We got up and had free breakfast - it was gross! The stickiest/driest rice ever! Then we got a trike ride to the ferry terminal. The boat was quick but finding our hostel was a bit of a nightmare! After we did we walked one whole minute down to the beach (a tough life!) and had lunch before sunbathing. In the evening we went to the other beach to see the sunset and have Mexican. Then on the walk back we got roped into having a massage which was really good, then we went back an chilled.
The next morning we went and had a really nice breafast, muesli and fruit, Before going to Mermaid school!!!! It was amazing. We chose our tails and then had photos on the beach (lots of other people also took photos haha). Then our instructors taught us 3 swimming types all of which I could do, surprisingly! Then we had time to swim and play around in the sea practicing. It was so good. After we went back and nikki napped (jet lag) and I booked my flight home!! (28th August!). Then we went to the beach and had lunch at seven stones which was nice before sunbathing. Then we got ready and went to spider house to see the sunset which was amazing. Then we went back to the main beach and had a few drinks before heading to several bars and getting home far too late!
The next day was a right off as we were both very hungover and slept on and off throughout the day before heading to mcdonalds! Then we came back and watched tv - baywatch and the tennis!
We checked out the next morning and went to the airport, getting a flight to Cebu and the boat from there to Bohol. We checked in at panda Garden suites - the staff were all so lovely! We went for dinner and then watched the film neighbours.
The next morning we had a nice fruit breakfast and hired a trike man to drive us round for the day. We went to see the tarsiers first- they were adorable. They are so small and have the biggest eyes imaginable! Apparently if you are too loud/ use a flash around them they can get upset and kill themselves! 😞 we watched them for a while before heading to the chocolate hills. The weather took a turn for the worse and we got pretty wet in the open sides trike! We had to lean forward to help the trike get up a steep hill but we made it! The hills were pretty bizarre but really cool. We walked to a viewpoint and had a walk around before going to the hanging bridge. They were an experience. Certain parts genuinely crack as you walk on them- not the safest bridge ever but apparently it's been reinforced! When we got back we got delivery 'shakeys' - it's very hard for Nikki to eat out here as she is veggie and can't have wheat! Then she fell asleep so I chilled.
The next morning we decided to go to a beach as the weather was really nice. Alex our trike driver took us to a random beach, it was just nikki and I. We sunbathed for a bit but it was so hot we had to keep going in the shade! When we couldn't take anymore we went to a mall on or way back and had a look around- it was mainly fast food places- the Philippines isn't like the rest of Asia for food! For dinner we got room service, I had a really nice mango salad.
The next morning we checked into Nikki's treat for us- the Amorita resort! It was beautiful and total luxury compared to dorms! We sat on the loungers by the infinity pool sunbathing before checking in where we had 'welcome cookies' that were amazing! The room was fab. We had lunch (I had buttered veg and mash it was incredible, I miss mash!) then we wandered along our private beach section and got a massage while Nikki had a mani and pedi. When we got back in the evening the chef had made us cakes to have before bed! Then we had dinner before strolling along the beach, looking at the shops and bars.



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0629s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb