10 Recommendations on Accomodation in the Philippines


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines
March 9th 2009
Published: March 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Honeymoon in VegasHoneymoon in VegasHoneymoon in Vegas

Nuts Huts, Loboc
Here's a list of places to stay I liked. It's probably not of much interest if you want to spend more then a tenner a night on accomodation.

Luzon



1. Friendly's guesthouse, in Malate, Manila. The fact that they have a free wine night every Saturday pretty much tells all about this friendly and convivial if slightly messy guesthouse. The atmosphere makes up for the unimpressive rooms. Do book ahead, this place fills up every night.

2. Greenview Lodge, Banaue. Nice enough to chill out after the two or three day hike to Batad.

3. If you get to choose, then Batad Pension is a good choice in Batad. A stunning location on top of the rice terraces and the staff is super friendly even on Philipino standards.

Palawan



4. Banwa Pesnsion in Puerto Princesa, Palawan. One of the best guesthouses on the planet - seriously. Jens Peters says "can't recommend this enough" and he's to the point. Absolutely loved this place.

5. Swissipini lodge - this place has a new name, but unfortunately the old one was catchier and I can't remember what's it called now. Everybody will know it by the old name though in Port Barton. For 600 pesos you'll get a cottage right on the beach and dare I say: in this price category it doesn't get much better in the Phils.

6. The Alternative in El Nido. Oh the Alternative! You'll only get a room here if you book weeks ahead or are seriously lucky, like I was. Sweeping views, amazing organic, tough a bit expensive, food and bean bag chairs to lull yourself into oblivion after island hopping all day. Fantastic staff. Highly recommended.

Cebu City


7. Cebu Guesthouse. If You have to stay in Cebu City, you might as well stay in this clean, brand new guesthouse with an uptown location and very competitive pricing.

Bohol


8. Nuts Huts in Loboc, a perfect setting in the middle of the jungle, if jungle is what you are looking for. The peace and quiet is only disturbed by crazy ass riverboats sailing the Loboc river in the day time and blasting Stevie Wonder tunes. Despite the boats Nuts Huts is a place to get stuck big time. Be forwarned though: the restaurant closes at 10 so if you'd like a night cap, stash some Tanduay.

Siquijor


9. Anywhere you go, book ahead! The Kiwi lodge in Larena was nice.

Dumaguete


10. Harold's Mansion is clean and cheap, has a good location and a friendly vibe.

Liked it? I'd be glad if you gave a visit to my new travel blog at .





Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.036s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb