Voltes V Waterfall


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines
March 10th 2008
Published: March 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The First WaterfallThe First WaterfallThe First Waterfall

This one is already known. In fact, it was shown in an indie Filipino movie
Only a few days ago, we made a very good discovery. We actually saw and bathed in a beautiful waterfall whose cascades flow down several cataracts and eventually to the sea. Yep, Its how beautiful that site is. Apparently, we were the first "tourists" to the site and we selfishly named it "Voltes V Waterfall." The Gen-X readers would have an idea about my age on this one, ha ha! Well, it seemed appropriate, there were five visible falls and basins, the last one being a pool that formed by the sea. It was really a great, great moment. We (there were almost 10 of us including the boatmen who also saw the waterfall for the first time) acted like kids. Some went on impromptu yoga under the water, some jumped to the lowest basin, the others trekked through the highly inclined walls to see the headwater.

We also got another bonus when we visited a fishing community that never saw tourists in their midst. As usual, it was an absolute baby-making machine with laughing children dominating the scene. Really nice and happy community living in extreme hardship. We bought banig (sleeping mat made of leaves), a giant squid (not
The Voltes V Waterfall!The Voltes V Waterfall!The Voltes V Waterfall!

We were the first tourists here! (well, I think)
that giant, but a 4-kilo tinter minus the guts and the head/tentacles). Would have wanted to visit the spring source but night settled in. While some in our group drank rhum with the locals, we got another surprise just beside a house and saw one tree filled with fireflies!

Some other highlights of that trip - some of my companions snorkled near the waterfall and saw night-time corals that are active in the middle of the day. Did some birdwatching and saw a nesting site of rufous night heron on a rocky pinnacle along the coast. Bought 2 small tunas from local fishermen and had a great lunch on an islet with white sand and interesting rock formations (almost similar to the one in Apo Island in Negros Or.)

Unfortunately, I could not share yet the location of that site. I made a promise to the group not to announce yet where that place is (hint: its quite near a fast developing tourist destination). This is just to show you that a few minutes beyond what must be your best destination, there could be a better one.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb