Things to Do in Puerto Princesa


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Palawan » Puerto Princesa
October 22nd 2009
Published: October 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Puerto Princesa is the capital of Palawan and is where you can take most flights from Manila and Cebu. I stayed at D'Lucky Garden which is close to the airport, offers Wi-fi, accepts credit cards, and has a decent restaurant. Tours can be booked directly from the hotel. Honda Bay was the first tour where you visit 3 islands in one day. I went on a day that started off cloudy with showers and ended up stormy with wind and waves. Lucky for me I remembered my rain jacket which was useful especially with the waves crashing over the bow of the boat on the return to the mainland. As soon as the boat returned to the dock, everyone was wet and a bit chilled. The hotsprings, only about 1 or 2 km nearby, offered a very pleasant respite.

Another option is to see the underground river in Sabang. More on that in my next blog.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Dock in PalawanDock in Palawan
Dock in Palawan

Waiting to board boat on dock before Hunda Bay tour.
TricycleTricycle
Tricycle

Tricycles are the main way to get around in Puerto Princesa. It costs no more than 10 pesos per person to get into town, though use at your own risk.


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb