Manjuyod White Sand Bar & Bais Dolphin Watching


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Negros Oriental » Bais
September 20th 2010
Published: February 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Spent my 32nd birthday in the Sand Bar. We left 6am from Manjuyod wharf & on the way to the middle of the Sand Bar, we encountered a group of dolphins playing with the banca. All we thought they are - but the later noticed there is a baby dolphin fighting for his life, we tried suggesting to the crew to help them.we tried rescuing them but everytime we come near them, they also try to get away. the crew said they dont belong to the family of spinner dolphins noted to be playful. hence, their aloofness. Eveytime we go near, they also try to bring us to the deeper part of the ocean. Scary! It took us 3O minutes before deciding to leave them. the dolphins are bigger than what we usually see!

We arrived at the sand bar 30 minutes later, feeling sorry for the lost dolphin. Weather was good and we had enjoyed swimming near the cottages. Had our lunch there but too bad we can not pooh-pooh there. Peee? Yes we can, but we have to make sure no one is swimming down under as it goes directly to the sea...

Those who are very
particular of good hygiene and clean rest room, i dont recommend staying for more than an hour unless you are not - then you will be spending longer time enjoying the pristine waters and have a commune with nature.

Just past 4, we were instructed to pack our things as bring rains might come our way. True enough, we were met with strong winds and heavy rains. With no communication from the tourism ofc nor light to signal our existed, we pass by the mangroves praying we wont hit one of them.

With God's grace, we arrived soundly. I believed it was our prayers that brought us safely in the wharf.

Overall, we had fun and love to go back there, hopefully one lazy summer! 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement







one of the three cottages










Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 4; ; mem: 1.1mb