Ohhhhhh.. my Sagada......


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Mountain Province » Sagada
June 7th 2006
Published: June 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Banaue Rice TerracesBanaue Rice TerracesBanaue Rice Terraces

a grand view of the world famous Banaue Rice Terraces
Sagada, Mt. Province
Philippines
June 1, 2006


It’s 4:20 PM and am still here in the office, got to work first! Can’t wait to see the hidden beauty of the mysterious place, Sagada.

Left the office exactly 6:00 PM, got to Meanne’s office at about 20 minutes. We had dinner at Tokyo-tokyo in Greenbelt and left their office at around 8:00 PM. We were at the Autobus terminal around 8:45 PM. When we arrived there were few foreign nationals waiting also for the bus bound for Banaue. I still can’t believe myself that I will finally be going to Sagada. We planned this around April and now, we are really going!

The bus left around 10:00 PM. The bus was full with different people from all walks of life and with different dialects. Oh well! might as well enjoy the trip and maybe get my sleep. And I did, as soon as I sat down and fix my things, I found my eyes slowly closing. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!


We reached Banaue around 8:00 AM, June 2 (Friday). We took one of the private vans going to Sagada. The fee was P250.00/person and they will take us to
SagadaSagadaSagada

view of the town below, Sagada
the different view points for our picture taking. In the van were a family and a balikbayan with her nun friend.

The driver and his assistant took us first to the Las Vegas Restaurant for our breakfast. The food was good and affordable. They took us to the viewpoint for the Banaue Rice Terraces and the Mt. Polis and other view points where we can have our photo shoots....

After a long and winding road, we finally reached Sagada. When i got off the van, i can't hardly feel my butt. it was a longggggg journey but it was worth it. We arrived just about lunch time...Did we rest? No! of course not! why should we! It was a refreshing site to behold. We went first to the Echo Valley and the Episcopal church. As usual we get lost going to the valley, as the map was kinda old, hehehehe.. We checked-in at Sagada Guest house and had dinner at Alfredo's Cafe and at Marferre's....

2nd day of our so called Sagada adventure....a balikbayan and a nun went with us inside the cave with 2 other guys and our 2 local tour guides. Just seeing the cave
SagadaSagadaSagada

taken at the Echo Valley...
gave me a chill, I said to them "Are we really going inside?" They all laughed...But inside was great! we climbed and climbed, we crawled, we slide, we rapelled and anything you can think of.. we done it! we can't get enough of taking our pictures and be amazed at what we are seeing...Wow! The adventure was good and everyone was laughing at each others faults and also not to mention that our guide was a joker. We reached the deepest and the darkest area of the cave...I think that was the reason why he keeps on joking us...The site was breathless, not that I haven't seen anything like it, its just that I can't explain how I felt that time.

Our time in Sagada was something I still look forward to everyday. It's not something out of the ordinary. I tried something new and it gives me such a fulfillment.


Next stop, Vigan...





Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

SagadaSagada
Sagada

taken at Calvary Hills on the way to Echo Valley
SagadaSagada
Sagada

the hanging coffins...
SagadaSagada
Sagada

inside the Sumaging cave..the whole gang!
SagadaSagada
Sagada

look one hand!
SagadaSagada
Sagada

with our local tourguides.. the jokers!
SagadaSagada
Sagada

burial cave. buried are those who died of childbirth
SagadaSagada
Sagada

rice fields..
SagadaSagada
Sagada

Bokong falls...
Alfredo's Cafe, SagadaAlfredo's Cafe, Sagada
Alfredo's Cafe, Sagada

at Alfredo's Cafe..
Sumaging Cave, SagadaSumaging Cave, Sagada
Sumaging Cave, Sagada

a big bathtub....
Sagada MapSagada Map
Sagada Map

Sagada map. you can buy this at P10.00 or the more improved map costs P25.00


8th September 2006

comfort place
I've been from sagada too and i like the place much its really created by the Lord for us Filipinos to enjoy it. This is how the Lord loves us through this God created wonderful tourist sopt in out country. Theres nothing on earth like sgada. you can feel the beauty of the place, the sorroundings and also the atmosphere its far greater than baguio. Visit Sagada so that you will not miss one half of your life.
16th January 2007

wow! sagada
sooo beautiful sagada!!!!!

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb