Puerto Galera!


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Mindoro » Puerto Galera
June 4th 2014
Published: June 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Puerto Galera is the north westernmost municipality in the province of Oriental Mindoro, Philippines It is located at the southwestern end of the Isla Verde Passage, about 130 kilometers (81 mi) south of Manila. This coastal town is well known among tourists for its numerous pocket beaches and many snorkeling and scuba diving spots. The area was designated a Man and Biosphere Reserve of UNESCO in 1973 and has some of the most diverse coral reef diving in Asia. The marine environment has benefited in recent years from the influx of tourist dollars. This has seen a huge reduction in the number of fishermen in the area, as they gain higher revenue from tourists.



Puerto Galera is listed by the Club of the Most Beautiful Bays in the World, and is the only bay in the Philippines to be listed there.

It was my first time in Puerto Galera and I was fascinated with the views and the people there are very hospitable and helpful. It was my first time also to taste Ipas (ipis ng dagat) and it was delicious. The life there is very simple. We stayed there for 4 days and we are planning to go
Warm upWarm upWarm up

we decided to dive into the port before hitting the beach.
back soon.

We also visited the river opposite the beach. The water is crystal clear and cold. Its kinda deep but we manage to enjoy swimming. What refreshing environment they have there. The air is very fresh and clean. You should visit Mindoro soon! The place is so beautiful.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



most favorite part of the trip!


finally were in the beach.


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb