Langgal, Ninoy Aquino, Sultan Kudarat


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Mindanao » South Cotabato
May 6th 2011
Published: May 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

On April 30, 2011, we visited an officemate's place to attend her birthday celebration. We convene at the store where we all work at 9 am. From Koronadal City to Isulan, it took us 1 hour to travel by bus. We traveled through jeepney in our long journey to mountainous area of Sultan Kudarat. The jeepney is a public transportation where we have to wait for other passengers while they load there goods such as sacks of rice, groceries and big bags and cartoons. In the mountain, the cellular phone signal is not available. In our way, the vehicle can pass in a one-way road. It’s a unique and terrifying experience for those who are not use to it. The road is partially cemented and there is an on-going road renovation. It’s a sunny day and so there is a less possibility of landslide. It took us almost 6 hours to travel from Isulan to Ninoy Aquino, Sultan Kudarat ( Langgal Elementary School ) because it’s a rough road. I am so happy that we arrived safe but my buttocks hurt. We replenished our energy with delicious meal. We stroll to different places near their house. We have seen unique fruits like big passion fruits. The place is cold and flowers are growing anywhere. The community is using generators to light the place. We spent the whole evening before midnight strikes in singing and chatting. The blinking fireflies were able to enter the room. I love the cold night and so I sleep deeply. Morning arrives and I still don’t want to wake up but I am required since we have to attend a catholic mass at 8 am. The mass is solemn and full of spirits. In remote areas, people are very close to each other. They help each other in times of need. I just rest in the morning. We left the place at around 2 pm. We have to take a ride to a motorcycle with a veteran driver of a rough road of Sultan Kudarat and having 3-4 passengers. I feel uneasy when the driver starts driving but my eyes became busy with the wonderful clouds and vast mountains. I calm myself after being convinced that the driver can maneuver the vehicle well. We left Langgal, Ninoy Aquino , Sultan Kudarat at around 2 pm and arrived at Isulan , Sultan Kudarat at 4 pm that includes the stoppage and picture-taking at nice spots along the road.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb