My First Trip to Palawan


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Manila » Sampaloc
June 20th 2018
Published: June 20th 2018
Edit Blog Post

This summer of 2018, my Lola visited the Philippines for a short vacation. We, together with my Mom travelled to El Nido, Palawan. It was my first time to go there so I was excited and it was a five day trip.

We woke up at 4 a.m. to prepare for our flight. We boarded Cebu Pacific at NAIA Terminal 3. It was an hour and half flight from Manila to Puerto Princesa. Then after arriving at Puerto Princesa airport, we rode a van to El Nido for 6 hours.

Upon arriving at El Nido, we stayed at Novies Inn in Corongcorong. After settling into our room, we took a walk at the nearby beach. Then we had dinner at a local eatery. We found out that they serve crocodile sisig. But I didn't have the guts to try it. I ordered pork sisig instead.

On our second, we were scheduled to take Tour A, however, it rained hard on the night before. And in the morning, the weather wasn't so good. So we cancelled the tour and went to Las Cabanas beach instead. It's just a few minutes away from Novies Inn. We had a great time at the beach. We also saw a lot of foreigners there. Then the weather got better. We had lunch at Seaside Restobar where they serve the best steamed crabs. I had pork sisig again with lots of ginger.

On our third day, we had our Tour A. We started at 9 a.m. We rode a boat from Corongcorong. In the boat were 20 of us, most are foreigners from Portugal, Chile, Spain and the United States. Amongst the 20 persons on the boat, excluding the boatmen, there were only 7 of us Filipinos. Our first stop was the Big Lagoon, this is where Floyd Mayweather went on his latest trip to the Philippines. We were scared to dip in the water at first because the waves are so huge and strong. We rode a kayak on our way to the Big Lagoon. We saw some shark eggs on the sides of the lagoon. We were told by the boatman that there's a very deep part of the lagoon wherein a ship as big as Titanic can sink. We also saw some sea urchins and different types of fishes. Our next stop is the Secret Lagoon, you will have to enter a small hole to be able to get in. We had lunch at Shimizu Island, where we had grilled pork chops, chicken, baked oysters and mussels and different fruits, with rice of course. Then we stopped by the Small Lagoon. Our last stop is the Commando Beach where we had halo halo. I had a good swim on the beach there. We also took pictures.

On our fourth day, we just went downtown to do some shopping.

On the fifth day, we said goodbye to El Nido to go back to Puerto Princesa. We had a hearty breakfast at Novies Inn.

We stayed overnight at Emerald Playa. It's a beach front hotel. We also had a great time.

It's time to go back to Manila. We left Puerto Princesa in the morning then arrived in Manila at noon.

I had a great time. I hope to go back next summer.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0883s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb