Trip to the Philippines


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Malapascua Island
December 1st 2010
Published: January 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

We departed LAX on Nov. 30th for the 15 hour flight to Hong Kong, and then a 2 hour flight to Cebu, one of the larger islands(of the 7500) in the Philippines. We were met by a van and driver which Carly had set up and we jumped in the van for our 3 hour drive to the port where we were to catch a boat to Malapascua.
When we arrived at the port, Carly was waiting for us with the two boat hands. Our luggage was loaded on board and we took off in our outrigger for a slightly wet ride across the channel to Malapascua. we pulled up on to the beach just in front of the dive shop where Quinn and Carly were taking their certification courses for "Dive Masters".
The island is beautiful and rustic. Nice small resorts located along palm fringed beaches. there are no cars, just small motorbikes. They have had electricity on the island for less than a year. Everyone seems to know we are the "Parents of Carly" and that's how they address us. Quinn and Carly have been there for a couple of months, so they know most of the locals.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Chocolate IslandChocolate Island
Chocolate Island

We took a sweet dive here, with lots of beautiful soft corals


Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb