Transportation in Philipphines


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Luzon
June 6th 2019
Published: June 6th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Jeepney




You can find these colorful graffiti-splashed Jeepneys in every town and city! It’s a form of local public transportation. Jeepney is something like a small minibus mixed with a Jeep. Believe it or not, an incredible amount of people can squeeze in one Jeepney. Or not just IN, even on the roof! There are no paper tickets. You simply pass the money to the passenger next to you and he or she passes it again and again until money reaches the driver. If you don’t have an exact amount, the driver passes you your change the same way back. The journey within 5 km will cost you 0,15 $.

Tricycle




The whole Luzon island in Northern Philippines is full of Tricycles everywhere. Tricycle or so-called “trike” is the most common transportation in the northern Philippines. It’s actually a motorcycle with covered sidecar, which can carry up to five people at the same time (sometimes even more :D). They have it everywhere and everybody tries to offer you a ride. Especially when they see a white tourist! They can nearly fight among themselves to sell you a ride with their tricycle because they usually charge tourists much more than anybody else.

Water buffalo




If you take into consideration the original inhabitants of the Luzon island – Aeta people, you can forget about both Jeepneys and tricycles. The only way how to cross a quite deep river is to use a water buffalo. Northern Philippines Aeta people live in a very remote area, nearby a Pinatubo volcano. There are no paved roads, just dirty-dusty-sandy roads, and rivers with no bridges. Some of these people are riding water buffalos as horses and the others have special carts behind the buffalo.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb