Siniloan, Laguna - Puting Bato


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Laguna » Siniloan
September 21st 2010
Published: September 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Puting Bato, Macatad, Siniloan

From Siniloan Public Market, tricycles are accessible which will take you to Brgy. Macatad, Siniloan, Laguna passing through neighboring town, Famy.

Siniloan is a 2nd class municipality in the province of Laguna, Philippines. It lies between the plains of Sierra Madre Mountain and the Laguna de Bay, bounded on the North by the town of Famy, on the West by Mabitac, on the East by Pangil and on the South by Laguna Lake. It has a total land area of 6,442.88 hectares politically subdivided into 20 barangays. Siniloan was established as a town on the last Friday of August, 1583 with Guiling-Guiling as its first name born out of an anecdote when a group of Spaniards passed by a rice field where some women were grinding rice with the use of grindstone or "gilingang bato". In 2002, the Municipality launched "Gilingan Festival" to commemorate its foundation day highlighted by street dancing and a variety of cultural shows and activities. Siniloan is known as the center of education, commerce and transportation, serving towns in eastern Laguna and some towns from the provinces of Quezon and Rizal. The municipality has active business and trade activities.

Experience the majestic beauty that nature has painted with wind and water over the years on the Sierra Madre landscape. Visit a number of breathtaking sites and attractions which highlight and compliment the best Siniloan has to offer! Tuloy po kayo!



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



22nd October 2011

Been long long time
More or less 3 decades I was there together with my friend and Barkadas and Still a very nice place to go. I wish I can go there for the last time I am now more than 50y/o and the precious memory always on my mind. Puting Bato you are a gift of nature. Hope you will remain cascading a crystal clear water.
28th November 2011

awesome view!
Oh yeah! what a beautiful natural tourist spot...with combine hospitality of Siniloaneos..you cant ask for more!.....visit Siniloan and feels the tranquility of Puting Bato and adjacent falls....no other place can offer! .....TARA NA!

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb