Moalboal


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Cebu » Moalboal
September 26th 2016
Published: September 26th 2016
Edit Blog Post

A small hiccup with the booking meant that we were upgraded to a sea view deluxe room. We were quite excited by this, until I realised that we were moved from a bungalow to a motel style room. Hmmm. Does a glimpse of the sea trump a standalone, traditional style bungalow? No, but at least we had a room. If it was peak season, we'd probably find ourselves sleeping in the goat's quarter's next door.

This place is known for its snorkelling and diving, so Dean and El went over to Pescador Island for a day trip. Upon returning, El declared she is never going in THAT water again. With jellyfish sting marks covering her legs, she wasn't a happy snorkeller. Dean had a more successful trip, seeing lots of fish but apparently they were very unlucky to jump into a bunch of jellyfish at the first stop. On the way back, they were able to swim with the sardines. Thousands of the little silver fish swirling around made the trip worthwhile, but not enough for El to even contemplate a second attempt the next day.

The drop off is quite close to shore, so Dean waded out over the next couple of days and joined the sardine run again and even swam with a turtle for a while. El couldn't be coaxed back into the sea, but spent some quality time in the pool. There's no beach to speak of where we are staying but the grounds are well maintained and have a great view over the ocean and facing the Negros Island. A few crabs scuttle amongst the rocks but not enough to give me nightmares. One of the most impressive sights was a small Japanese lady wade into the ocean in platform wedges to take photos at the drop off area. It is hard enough walking in the little booties across the rocks and coral but she pranced that 50metres like a catwalk model. Her husband was sitting in front of their room drinking a beer watching (at 9 am, mind you) so I felt it would have been a little rude to take a photo of his wife's impressive feat.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.117s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb