Roots


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Cavite
January 29th 2007
Published: January 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We just arrived from a few days in the province/suburbs of Manila: Cavite where my family is from. Our Auntie Andy made us feel right at home and gave Jing and I a few lessons on the family tree. Our Jocson lot is actually abutts Y. Jocson St. I believe 5th generation Jocson. There is one newly built home next to my grandmothers home which is barely standing and, unbelievably, there are 6 people still living there. They are squatting there, according to my aunt. I just wonder how they survive the typhoons. Otherwise, it was great to see where all the family have come from. It is no surprise as to why the extended family remains to have such strong ties to one another. Truly, everyone is a cousin in some way or another.

We attempted to learn some Filipino history by visiting the Aguinaldo house ( First president of the Philippines), but were disappointed when they were closed. Then, it was onwards to Tagaytay and the Taal Volcano. Tagaytay has a cooler temperature as it is located in the highlands and the views it offers from People's park is absolutely amazing. It was packed and I could smell the BBQ everywhere. I was starving.

We hired a boat from Talisay to take us across Taal lake towards the volcano. The volcano sits in the middle of the lake.

Actually, can't finish as we have to pack our one bag to take to Sagada tomorrow night. Its a 12 hour bus ride luckily with a/c, but no C.R. (restroom). We are finally taking our trip up north to see the rice terraces. yikes. will upload more photos at the next round.

laterz

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb