Traveling to Baguio City Philippines


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Baguio
February 14th 2014
Published: February 14th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Baguio Cityis located in the northern part of the Philippines. It is famous to tourists and travelers because it is the only city in the Philippines with a cold weather considering the country has a tropical climate. There are only two seasons here the wet and the dry season so this place in the mountains is pretty famous especially for travelers who would like to escape the heat of the lowlands. Yes, Baguio City is located in the mountains of the Cordillera along the Sierra Madre mountain ranges.

Technically there is only one way to travel to Baguio City that is by land. So there are several options of land travel that you can choose from, one by private vehicle and the other is via bus. The City has an airport but it is currently out of commission because of several safety issues. You will find traveling by land to be a great experience as you will have a glimpse of the different provinces going to Baguio, assuming of course that you are coming from Metro Manila. Several buses even provide first class service like that of the Joybus and Victory liner for around 680-760 pesos.

If you are traveling to Baguio City you do not have to worry about your accommodation as there are lots of hotels in Baguio . However, if you arrive during the so-called peak seasons like during the Christmas Season or during the Festival season it is prudent for you to book at least a month if not two months ahead. Now when i comes to booking your bus ride during the peak seasons make sure you book early and if possible buy your return ticket as well, if you do not want to get in a long line or even push your way to riding a bus home.

If you have your own private vehicle then that would be very convenient, except if you are already in Baguio City because of the fact that there is a lack of parking spaces especially at the city central business district. Your best bet is to park your car that the mall but for a price of course.

Going around Baguio especially along session road is more exciting if you walk, Baguio City is conducive for walking because the weather is not really hot in fact it is cold at around 14 degrees celsius. The only thing you have to deal with is the inclines since Baguio City is kinda hilly there are its own "ups and downs" so to speak.

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb