City of pines


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Baguio
July 23rd 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

With Sagada, the next place on our itinerary, being about 60km away as the crow flies, one might have anticipated a journey of a couple of hours to get there. However, with the road infrastructure being what it is, we had to travel closer to 300km, first heading south to overnight in the town of Baguio before heading north again.

Baguio's elevation is about 1,400m so, in the misty Cordillera mountains, we were able to escape some of the heat and humidity of the lowlands, but it wasn't an enormously inspiring place. The last 45 minutes of our bus journey from Vigan were spent in a slowly creeping traffic jam in a downpour, and when I ventured out for dinner it seemed as though all the pavements were similarly congested. Accommodation was the worst value yet, with a toilet with no seat, and a 10 inch thick mattress on the bed that shrunk to 1 inch when you sat on it. The bathroom also featured a curtail rail and door sill working in conjunction to ensure you'd either bang you head or stub your toe, depending on which one you had your eye on on entering.

However we had just one night there then were on our way.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



18th November 2007

You must be on a very tight budget to have that kind of accommodation. Baguio City has hundreds of good hotels and inns. Some are even better than those found in Europe & North America.

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb