Hunza Valley


Advertisement
Pakistan's flag
Asia » Pakistan
July 29th 2008
Published: July 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It's Tuesday evening and we are back in China (Tashkurgan) after several days in Pakistan Hunza Valley -- mostly with limited or no Internet. Pakistan was wonderful -- amazing to see the mountains, and experience the grandeur of the Himilayas and the greater than 7500 meter peaks here. We did our own climb yesterday -- 500 meters, rugged and scrambling, to a place called Eagle's Nest. It was beautiful. David was terrific; an excellent hiker and climber -- except he was a bit nasty complaining that his grandpa was too slow (both up and down). We had some excellent meals in Pakistan too.
David was introduced to Polo -- we went to a match in Gilgit. He threw out the first ball. He was also introduced to cricket, and watched some other kids play. We met a lot of the people on our walks and enjoyed exchanging our beef jerky for their (wonderfully delicious) apricots. We had spectacular weather and scenery.
The people are very friendly -- and as liberal Muslims, as much as victims of the fundamentalists and terrorism as anyone in the world. David has interacted some with -- even dancing a (very reluctant) little bit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Magnificent colorsMagnificent colors
Magnificent colors

David is taking flower pictures here
Polo match Polo match
Polo match

Army vs. Police. Dave throws the ball


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb