Book your ticket now!!!!!!!!


Advertisement
Pakistan's flag
Asia » Pakistan » Northern Areas » Karimabad
October 25th 2007
Published: October 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Stop what your doing, ignore everything youve heard about pakistan, buy trekking in the hindukush and karakorum and book your ticket to pakistan!!!!!!!
Lahore may have been polluted but after 29 hours of travelling covering 980km we,ve arrived in karimabad on the karakorum highway and its absolutely mind blowing.from our 2pound anight room we can sit on our doorstep looking at a valley full of autumnal colour with a backdrop of 6000 and 7000m snowy mountains whilst lazing in the sun (i could stay here for months !!!!!!).
Unfortunately when we got here we realised we,d underestimated how much money we would need for going to china so yesterday we had to go 2hours back down the valley to an ATM doh!
everyone here is amazingly friendly and helpfull,and they all want to talk to you! and shake your hands even kids who barely look old enough to talk we are staying here for about 5 or 6 days so we can sit and relax,were going up to ultar meadow tomorrow to hopefully get some better views but wherever you go in the village and everytime you turn a corner theres another amazing vista. We have had absolutely no problems in pakistan and everyone weve met has been fine and travelling around is dead easy,the way pakistan is portrayed in the west completely detracts from what the vast majority of the country is truly like.Nepal was good but next time your thinking of trekking head for Pakistan,and if its in more than a years time then invite me too!!!
promise to catch up on the photo front soon but for now love lots
Paul n Helly
Helly n Paul :-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb