Fighting For Education The Continued Work of Malala Yousafzai


Advertisement
Pakistan's flag
Asia » Pakistan » Islamabad
March 19th 2014
Published: March 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

In Pakistan, a lot of things are restricted and taken away. Education, civil rights, any rights actually. Especially since The Taliban had enforced themselves upon Pakistan. However, despite all these discouragements a voice decides to emerge. That voice came from 16-year-old Malala Yousafzai. Imagine yourself in that position being 16 and having to stand up for many people while facing the ugly possibility of being assassinated by the Taliban or someone who does not feel the same way one does. Malala stood up for the freedom of education especially for women because in patriarchal countries like Pakistan women have close to slight or no civil rights. Malala saw the wrong doing in this and decided to stand up. When she was 11 she wrote a blog about her life under the Taliban rule and soon media was all over the blog. Her idea of freedom of education showed in her country as well as others and soon people began to respond to her courageousness. The world was shaken when an attempted assassination against Malala took place. Thankfully she survived and still continues to raise both education and women’s rights to countries like Pakistan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement




Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb