SUN KOSI!!!


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal
October 25th 2007
Published: October 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The GOLDEN RIVER from Nepal: Sun Kosi, took us on an 8 days rafting trip trough the most beautifull mountains and villages in the East ... with the help of the Drift Nepal guides, we made it a succes, a trip never to forget! And even we started with a whole night of rain, the sphere was from the start good and we were ready for ... Adventure!!!
The first days a bit slower, not very big rapids, but after a few days the big ones came, exciting but also scary, for sure Harkapur gave us a hard time to get safe to the campside. And the camping was for Leen the most enjoyable part, campfires, tents, sleeping under the raft, sky full of stars, good food, waterfalls to shower, little villages with lovely people, some good nightsleeps, some bad nightsleeps, but always ready for the next day ... And it was fun! A whole new experience for Leen, and a dream Kalu waited 10 years for, rafting the Sun Kosi again...
The pictures will tell you the story (check out our 3 pages full of pictures!!)...
Leen and Kalu


Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Mike and KAlu's brother, Uttar, rowing the gear boat!Mike and KAlu's brother, Uttar, rowing the gear boat!
Mike and KAlu's brother, Uttar, rowing the gear boat!

(Uttar rowing, and Mike drinking beer ... enjoyong being a customer, different than owning a rafting company!)
not good ... lucky we have a bunch of experienced guides with us.not good ... lucky we have a bunch of experienced guides with us.
not good ... lucky we have a bunch of experienced guides with us.

Just after the biggest rapid, one of the rafts didn't made it and got stuck on a rock, just before a big hole you never want to get in... after a few hours we finally started breathing again after Kay made safely it to our boat, and we got the raft back ... time to celebrate ... KHUKURI RUM!!!!!


Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.074s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb