Poon Hill Trek


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Uleri
December 16th 2011
Published: December 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

My beautiful fiancee has finally arrived!

To celebrate I had a hair cut and shave which was an interesting experience, it included a face massage and honking my nose. Also, the communal sponge to wipe my face smelt a bit odd!

We began our trek to Ulleri and were followed by manky mountain dogs along the way. This first day was particularly hard as the ascent was pretty steep. We found a tea house to stay the night in and enjoyed pooing into a pit. We entertained ourselves by watching the farmers outside our window go about their daily routines. We coined this show "Farmville".

The next day we trekked to Ghorepani which was freezing cold! About -15deg at night. As we arrived early we walked up to the Poon Hill view point. We saw glimpses of the Himalayas but it was very foggy and surreal. We were the only people up there at 3200m. We were also the only people in the guest house and we played with the children around the fire place.

Our final day proved to be the most scenic with breathtaking views of the mountains. We also encountered a traffic jam of
Carom with MoneyramCarom with MoneyramCarom with Moneyram

Needless to say moneyram smashed me. He plays for food money at his college.40rps (50c)
animals along the trail which slowed our progress. A goat gave birth right in front of us. The shepherd cleaned it up and carried it halfway up the hill where it had to learn to walk for the first time.

The scenery changed so much throughout the trek ranging from rice fields, villages, jungles and frosty forests.


Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

CaromCarom
Carom

Game of 2012. Counters are flicked into each corner. Black is 5 and white is 10, red is 25 if you sink a counter after it. You play for the losers counters. Capish?
The wool re-stringerThe wool re-stringer
The wool re-stringer

This guy twangs his cotton re-stringing instrument around the streets to see if anyone wants their mattress softened
Anna's arrivalAnna's arrival
Anna's arrival

Anna's arrival at Pokhara airport
GhorepaniGhorepani
Ghorepani

-15 degree room


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb