Day #10 - Tengboche to Pangboche Pt 2


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Tengboche
November 25th 2012
Published: December 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Setting off down the valley, with the clouds more or less cleared afforded some beautiful views of Ama Dablam, Everest and Lhotse Shar. Todays trek to Pangboche was a short and easy walk of some 2 hours, descending about 150m, crossing over the smaller Imja Khola river, before ascending fairly steeply uphill by 250m into Pangboche.

The journey was interesting if a little uneventful. Along the way we passed a lodge called Rivendell, which I assume was a reference to the Elvin Kingdon in the Lord of the Rings books. There are certainly many parallels with those books and the incredible scenery we are in know and are due to head into. It does feel a bit like we are passing now into the misty mountains, and heading for Mount Doom (Everest) with the watchful Eye of Sauron (Ama Dablam) ever present. I wonder to myself which character in Lord of the Rings that makes me? My wife probably hopes for Aragorn, I suspects she would put me down as Samwise Gangee, as he was the tubby one who always needed a second breakfast.

We arrive in Pangboche for an early Lunch just as the clouds started to roll in again, and the cold day just got a little bit colder, and not a orc or goblin was to be seen.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb