Phakding to Namche Bazaar


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Namche
October 18th 2012
Published: October 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Phakding to Namche bazaar
Our second day of hiking started out fairly gradually. I've heard it said that hiking in Nepal is never level and now I know why. It's always either up or down. Down at this elevation there are many rivers, so as we near them we go down a steel incline, cross the river bridge and then up on the other side. I think we did that around six times today. After our last bridge today it was up, up and more up. It was brutal! About two and one half hours of straight climbing. The trail was full of people, so, it really wasn't pleasant. We finally made it to Namche Bazaar at 11,500 ft. Once we were settled in our Tea House we were able to have hot showers. It was very nice, but very cold getting out. So far, we have been able to hike in short sleeves with a jacket as a back up. Sunny skies every day. I finally had a good nights sleep...yippee!

Advertisement



20th October 2012

Finding God In All The Right Places
Crystal, Thank you so much for taking us along with you. As I read your story I am reminded that God is everywhere, from the mountain tops to the valleys. You are surely seeng His handiwork, and we are enjoying it as you share.

Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb