Trip Reflection


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu
December 19th 2021
Published: October 20th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Hello again everyone! We have gotten some questions about our trip from you guys, so we wanted to have some fun answering those while reflecting on the trip as a whole.



What was your favorite part of the trip? Almost every single aspect of the trip was a ton of fun, but the one part that stood out the most when we got to experience the cultures of the places that we visited. It is amazing to be able to connect with people from all the way on the other side of the world, and even though we're thousands of miles apart, we're all still human after all!



What was your least favorite part of the trip? Without a doubt, this had to be our two-day-long journey from Dhaka to Kathmandu. Taking the bus was the best choice for us because it helped us decrease our carbon footprint, but other than that, there were not a whole ton of positives to just sitting there and watching the world that you long to explore fly past you in the window.



What were some challenges you faced? Communication was definitely one challenge we faced throughout the entirety of the trip. We tried to learn some of the local languages before the trip, but there's only so much you can do when you're traveling over such a great area with limited time. Technology was definitely our friend throughout the trip. We were able to use it to translate things for us and help us communicate with the locals. On a similar note, directions were also a bit of a struggle sometimes. Because were mostly walked/biked everywhere, it can be extremely easy to get lost. Technology like google maps also helped us out a ton here too. With the help of some pretty amazing technology that connects the whole world, we were able to explore the world without ending up lost on the other side of Bangladesh!



What was your biggest success? I think that our biggest success of the trip was arriving in Kathmandu in one piece! Although we did our very best to live in the moment, there was always that stress in the back of our minds saying, "are we going to make it", "will we get lost", or "I really hope we don't miss our flight home". Once I saw the beautiful architecture of the city come into view, I immediately felt a huge weight lift off my shoulder and it just freed up so much more energy for having fun! I think that this success definitely made our last day the best day of our trip and just allowed us to experience all that Kathmandu had to offer without any anxiety.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0855s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb