Teaching


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu » Boudhanath
March 19th 2011
Published: March 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hey Everyone!

Well, we have settled in here really well. We have been teaching everday apart from Saturdays and Public Holidays so we have been busy! Everyone at the school is really nice and we are starting to get to know the pupils very well! The recorder lessons are going quite well and we have also been doing lot's of singing with all the classes which they all seem to enjoy very much. Not sure you can really call it singing but they try their best and they are very enthusiastic!
When we ask the kids if there is anything they would like to sing their automatic answer is Justin Bieber...needless to say we now know Justin Bieber's song 'Baby' off by heart!

The food here is a lot different to England and we are being served rice and dahl for breakfast which pretty much fills us up until about 6pm! They are feeding us lot's so there is no risk that we will fade away anytime soon. We cooked an apple crumble the other day and we had a little trouble getting them to realise that apple crumble is a dessert not a whole meal!

Roseanna celebrated her Birthday last Wednesday and everyone was very nice. The children sang Happy Birthday to her and we made a cake to have with the family.

We have done a bit of Sight-seeing, we went to Monkey Temple the other day and then to the Thamal area of Kathmandu which is where all the tourists and travellers stay! We have also got our Indian Visas so we are all set to go there in few weeks.

Today we celebrated the Hindu festival of colour and had a massive water fight with the children in the school and the rest of the neighbourhood. Neddless to say we were the targets for everybody to hit, so we were absolutely soaked after about 5minutes!

Hope everybody at home is well! We will try and find some more time soon to reply to all of your e-mails. It is a little difficult because of the power situation here!

Lot's of Love,
Anastasia and Roseanna
xxx

Advertisement



24th March 2011

Katmandu
Lovely to catch up on news - all sounds great fun. Have at last succeeded in getting broad band sorted (hopefully). Sunny here for two days. Wkg at hospital shop tomorrow. Plan to visit Mum weekend of 3rd-4th April. She has nearly finished school reports. Sounds as if Oxford friends and Lois really helped last weekend. R & F have new puppy. Last dog now fully trained and with young university student who is absolutely delighted. Dog goes to all lectures and sleeps!! Can@t believe its nearly April. Take care of yourselves. Lots of Luv g&g.

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb