Day #16 - Pangboche to Namche Bazar


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Himalayas
December 1st 2012
Published: December 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Pangboche to Namche Bazar was expected to be a reasonable 4-5 hour trek, and as we wanted to have as much time in Namche, we agreed to set off earlier than usual. The first part of the day was the toughest. A 300m descent to cross the Imja Khola river, followed by an equally steep climb to get all the way back up to Tengboche – which at least meant we were half way to Namche even if we had descended little overall.

The combination of a really good nights sleep, eating a small breakfast, taking some anti-inflammatory tablets and no longer feeling sick did wonders for my stamina today, and I easily kept up with my group. I think the worst of the AMS was now behind me.

The late mornings trek down to Namche was straightforward enjoying the same magnificent views of Ama Dablam along the way. We passed several groups of trekkers heading on up the mountains – including one band which seemed to have a dozen or so guitars with them.

Reaching Namche was a highpoint of the journey down – as this meant showers, warm beds and better food – something we had missed for over a week.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb