Catching Up - Kathmandu Valley


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Bhaktapur
February 26th 2008
Published: March 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

After KTM we cruised along the Kathmandu Valley for two days. The valley is famous for it's religous temples and sites.

First we went to Patan which has a lovely city center and really nice temples to look at.

The next day we moved on to Bhaktapur were we sneeked into the city without paying the entrance fee. Another lovely city with beautiful temples.

The last day we went to Bodnath, where we glanced at a really big buddist Stupa and then went to Pashupatinath where we were able to observe the cremation of some bodies.

We cruised through the valley with public transport, either by bus or by shared taxi. The major problem was the traffic jams. The people from the Terrai are currently on strike (since more than 20 days) and the supplies cannot be delivered to Kathmandu. The lack of petrol was the worst and the queues of cars waiting to get some petrol are tremendous. For several kilometers the cars, buses, motorcycles are standing and waiting in the hope to get a couple of liters of petrol. These queues block all other traffic (which still has petrol and could drive) so it became a bit annoying sometimes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb